Monday, August 17, 2009

Sam's Birthday!



We celebrated Sam's 24Th birthday in Portland with all the office. I made him a great dinner Lasagna, fruit salad, and green salad. We were stuffed.



I asked him what kind of cake he wanted and he said ice cream cake. So i got online and found this fun recipe for ice cream sandwich cake. All you do is a layer of ice cream sandwiches then some whipped topping with smashed oreos. another layer of sandwiches and then the whipped topping again. then we sprinkled broken up snickers cuz they are Sam's favorite. It turned out really good though.



You might be wondering why we have 2 cakes? Well this is what happened. Since i had never made this cake before i didn't know how big it was going to be and how good. So Jordan called to ask if we were going to have cake and ice cream. and we told him for sure the ice cream but probably not the cake. So the nice guy he is, he made Sam an awesome cake with 24 candles on it:) and we had to use lids to food containers for plates but they worked surprisingly well..


It was a really fun day Sam got new clothes, a tennis racket, a amazon gift card.... It was great thanks everyone for making his day!

3 comments:

  1. Impressive cake, J, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cake idea! My husband isn't a cake fan, so I am going to have to steal that recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jam! It's Chelsea Loock.. now Weekes! I was blog hoppin and found your blog! You are in Oregon now!? How is that? Good to see you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete